2). Blog Entry: Leaders Corner
Last week during the Board of Regents Meetings at North Central University in Minneapolis, MN, we broke into subcommittees that discussed different topics. I was in a group that discussed rising moral issues in the youth and young people of today. Here are some of the things that came up in our group:
- Issues of marriage (living together, homosexuality, divorce)
- Absolute Truth, relativity, pluralism
- Segmented reality (two lives, one at home and one at church)
- Casualization of sin
- Lack of doctrinal assurity, knowing why you believe what you do
- Speed of our culture causing quicker decisions and less thought of long term consequences
- Social media invades our quiet personal time with the Lord
- Increasing secularization of the Western World
3). Ministry of the Day: Open Positions - Check out a listing of several open youth ministry positions across the country.
4). Link of the Day: TED - Riveting talks by remarkable people, free to the world
5). Quote of the Day: 'Dwell upon the brightest parts in every prospect... and strive to be pleased with the present circumstances.' - Abraham Tucker
6). Movie of the Day: Waterfall Swing
7). Miscellaneous: Today is Reformation Day, and also Halloween. It is the birthday of famous television host Dan Rather from 1931. Finally, it is the anniversary of the day that Mount Rushmore was completed in 1941.
Youth Committee Meeting, Hastings, September 2012