Today is International Bible Translation Day
It is also the birthdays of Brian Steinbach (Pastor in Holdrege, NE), Kristen Meduna (Pastor's Wife in Springview, NE), Matt Casey (Youth Leader in York, NE), and Rob Yanike (Pastor in Omaha, NE), a distinction they share with Johnny Mathis, American singer-songwriter from 1935.
Finally, it is the anniversary of when Roberto Clemente recorded the 3,000th and final hit of his career in 1972.
1). Blog Entry: Leaders Corner - Involving Parents in Ministry
As leaders that work with young people, we must recognize the value of helping their parents and guardians. The atmosphere in the home could be the greatest influence in the lives of our kids. This is a challenge for many young pastors, especially if they don't have children of their own. Here's some tips on things you can do, from Brian Dollar in the book, I Blew It
2. Involve them in water baptisms
3. Work in unison with other ministries with themes and calendars
4. Include a family devotion in the weekly bulletin
5. Conduct classes for training on important relevant topics
6. Have a family service at times where they can all be together and make it kid friendly
7. Sermon series on family dynamics
8. Parent tips: pray with kids daily, do family devotions, worship together, serve as a family at the church, model Godly behavior, have open dialogue
2). Ministry of the Day: Prayer Zone Partners - Help sign up the parents and adults in your church, to pray for the schools in your community every time they drive by one.
3). Song of the Day: Andy Mineo - Uncomfortable
4). Quote of the Day: 'The Fathers main tool for pruning you is the Word of God.' - Wayne Cordero, The Divine Mentor
5). Movie of the Day: Dude Perfect - Baseball Edition
6). Link of the Day: Dropr - The Easy Creative Network
The Human Right Journey Small Group Kit