Today is Love Litigating Lawyers Day
It is also the birthday of Bryan Davis (NE Missionary to Senegal), a distinction he shares with Commodus, Roman emperor from 161 AD.
Finally, it is the anniversary of when Diana, Princess of Wales, and her companion Dodi Fayed, as well as driver Henri Paul died in a car crash in Paris in 1997.
1). Blog Entry: Leaders Corner
In my job of working with leaders across NE who manage ministries for young people, one common trait to us all is that we work for a lead pastor. Sometimes, it's the lead pastor who I'm working with (or their spouse and family), but most of the time there are staff or volunteers who are serving them in the role of youth or children's pastor/main leader. What a great opportunity that can be challenging at times, as all earthy relationships can be. Here's a few thoughts from Scotty Gibbons in his book The Big 10 that can help us have great relationships with our lead pastors:
- Discover your leader's vision and make it your own
- Work hard at communicating effectively with your leader
- Keep your leader appraised of what's happening in your ministry, both good and bad
(Scotty's book is available through NYM for only $5 for youth pastors/main leaders!)
- Quote of the Day: 'I am a poor man and of little worth, who is laboring in that art that God has given me in order to extend my life as long as possible.' - Michelangelo
- Song of the Day: Unspoken - Higher
Bike Ride Crew from the 2015 Missions Bike Ride last year