Monday, July 17, 2017

NYM Daily Post

Today is National Yellow Pig Day
It is also the birthday of Tim Boatright (Pastor in Falls City, NE), a distinction he shares with Art Linkletter, Canadian-American radio and television host from 1912.
Finally, it is the anniversary of when Disneyland was dedicated and opened by Walt Disney in Anaheim, California in 1955.

1). Blog Entry: Life Lessons - Tuneup
     Everything in this world has a lifespan. It's the way God made us and all of creation. I was out riding my bike like I have pretty much every day since our final camp in June was complete. I'm preparing for our NE Missions Bike Ride at the beginning of September. I usually go about 20 miles a day on different routes around town. On this particular day, I decided to take a longer route south of city beyond the interstate that I hadn't taken yet this season. After turning around to come home, I noticed a strange sound from my tire. As I stopped in some shade to take a look, I noticed that my brakes on the front tire were losing and rubbing against the wheel, causing friction. I took out my bike allen wrench and fixed it the best I could, annoyed but good to go. I often check my air pressure and lube my chain regularly before heading out, but rarely check the brakes. Now, that will become a weekly task. LIFE LESSON - Everything needs a tuneup from time to time. Plan ahead and do it regularly or you can do it surprisingly in a moment, ready or not.

2). Extras

- Ministry of the Day: National Youth Convention - August 7-11, Anaheim, CA

- Song of the Day: Home - Chris Tomlin

Worship Time during Services at High School Camp last month

No comments: